Book Review: Stirred With Love

3 (I liked it) stars for Stirred with Love by Marcie Steele

Sometimes the best friends can be found where you least expect them …

Still grieving after the loss of her beloved husband, Lily Mortimer is determined to do something with the time she has left.

After the end of her fairytale marriage, thirty-something Kate is trying hard to mend her broken heart.

Chloe, a young woman with the world at her feet, is struggling to know what to do with her life.

When Lily embarks on a new venture in the picturesque town of Somerley, the three women come together to open The Coffee Stop, the most charming café for miles around.

But opening a coffee shop is never as simple as it seems, especially when you add neighbouring competition, local heart throbs and heartbreak to the mix.

When tragedy strikes, can the three women pull together to make the new business fly, or will Lily’s last chance disappear down the drain along with yesterday’s coffee grinds?

As comforting as a cappuccino and a better pick-me-up than a grande Americano, Stirred with Love will captivate readers of Milly Johnson, Carole Matthews and Jenny Colgan.

Source: Goodreads



I was given a copy of this book through Netgalley, with many thanks to the publisher.

When I finished this book I really wanted to know more about how the characters would fare. I wanted to find out how they were a year later on something and was so gutted to find I wouldn't find out. I'm hoping I might in the future? Book 2? Maybe?

What I liked about the story was that it has a lot of girl power! So many lovely girls present in one book and all dealing with their own kind of hiccups.

I felt like a big theme in this story was 'moving on', whether that was after losing a loved on, after a divorce, or simply from life after graduation. How to deal with the new life you have and figuring out what you want to do with it. They each had their own new path to find and the book described that beautifully.
I was most interested in Kate's story because it raised an issue that is quite relevant to a lot of people's lives. 'Do you stick with what you know?' Do you stay in your unhappy relationship because you don't know what else is out there and what you currently have is safe and familiar?
I think it's a daily worry for many people out there (not just relationship wise) and I liked seeing that portrayed in Kate's development.

Having said that, I didn't think the story was exciting enough to get me hooked. I liked reading it but it needed a bit more spice to make me go from like to love. I liked that the mention of 'Lily's plan' added some mystery to it but it was an easy guess and you were waiting for that moment where you go 'oh no' and grab the book with anticipation of more.

A coffee shop where anyone would love to make a stop.

Comments