Weekly Obsession: How To Start a Revolution



With a bit of a delay this week's obsession is all about How To Start a Revolution by Lucy-Anne Holmes.
Now I previously posted about dear Lucy-Anne Holmes in this post.
Help her out by supporting her book 'Don't Hold My Head Down'

But let's have a look at How To Start a Revolution.
In this book Lucy-Anne Holmes talks about her No More Page 3 campaign and how she created a remarkable campaign fueled with passion and a desire to make a change.
It comes with no surprise that when you put a group of passionate people together that they will come out victorious in the end.





Change doesn’t just happen. It starts with the idea that something could be different, could be better. It starts with a person who is brave enough to stand up and say, ‘Stop.’ This is what Lucy-Anne Holmes did when she wrote a letter to the editor of The Sun asking him to stop printing pictures of topless women on Page 3 of the paper. This was something that had been happening for forty five years but which - she suddenly realised - she found outdated and inappropriate and, after thinking about it, not unrelated to a lot of the bad things that happen to women.

Launching a digital campaign, starting an online petition and recruiting a team of like-minded people, Lucy-Anne started a revolution. Hundreds of thousands of people signed the petition, wore the campaign t-shirt and dared to say #NoMorePage3. Lucy-Anne had never campaigned on anything before. She wasn't particularly political. She'd never been confrontational. But she found that you only need one thing to start a campaign - and it isn't cash, experience or even a thick skin. It's passion.

If you have a desire to change something, read what Lucy-Anne has to say. She’s been there, done that, worn the t-shirt and come out the other side having made a difference in the world.

Source: Amazon


What about me?

It's no secret that I adore Lucy-Anne Holmes' writing. I'm a big fan of anything she's written whether it are 50 ways to find a lover or a blog post about wanking. The book is currently only £2,99 and I can't wait to get my hands on it the moment I have some money in my bank account again.

At the same time, I am even more excited about 'Don't Hold My Head Down'.
This book is all about Lucy-Anne's journey and the odd things that happen wen you look for great sex and end up finding feminism.

One last time I will link you to the funding page for this book and I hope that many kind souls are willing to help out a new book to appear on this planet.
http://unbound.co.uk/books/dont-hold-my-head-down


Comments