ALIVE AND KICKING! - I'm back!

Are you singing the song, 'cause I am!


I'm back!
Maybe my absence has gone by unnoticed and that's just fine but I felt an official return post was needed.

My silence is finally over and I'm am hoping to get more blogs posts written! Hopefully I'll manage to stick my intended schedule this time.
But you may or may not have noticed that it's been considerably more quiet on here lately due to educational responsibilities. As for the past 4 months I've been busy doing my internships. But that's all behind me and now it's turned 2016.
So what better way to start the year of with looking at last year's resolutions.

1. Get my book published
2. Figure out my future
3. Get back in shape
4. Keep writing

Well....I did 2/4.
I've kept writing (as it's almost impossible not to). Even finished another successful year of NaNoWriMo and am now trying to wrap my head around some WIP I started two years ago but then put aside.
And I've sort of figured out what I want to do! Obviously the book dream is still there but aside from that I've officially graduated and can now call myself a Speech and Language Therapist!
Not only that, I've also already landed a job and will be starting that soon. First I have to get all the paperwork and other adult stuff in order (which is frightening! School really needs to prepare you better for these administrative stuff no one seems to have a clue about but we all have to do).

Then the other two...
well...I've totally lacked doing exercise and watching my diet. I did fairly well until about April and then I gave up. But Another year, another go and maybe this time I'll manage to stick to it. Better to try and fail, right....

And then there is, of course, the fact I had aimed to publish a book by the end of 2015. Well, quite obviously I didn't.
HOWEVER, I am definitely on the way there.
The manuscript is written. Edited at least 4 times. Beta-read.
And I've even submitted it to a few publishers, who both rejected me.
(I might make a whole other blog post about this, hopefully somewhere next week)
And I've decided that I'll try a few more publishing houses before considering the road of self-publishing. (So, if anyone has any suggestions for brilliant editors etc., then you're more than welcome to drop me a message).

Anyway, 2016 has quite unexpectedly become a whirlwind of new chances and opportunities!
But most of all I'm excited for another year of BOOKS!

I hope you all will be joining me on the new adventure!

Until then, here's my track of the day:


Comments