Weekly Obsession: The Night Circus





This week it wasn't twitter that was completely obsessed but me.
I have been completely sucked into the world of Erin Morgenstern's Night Circus
If I wasn't editing my own book, than I was reading this book. Whenever I told people I was reading this book or posted a picture about it, people kept telling me how amazing it was. Everyone seems to love The Night Circus





The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. The black sign, painted in white letters that hangs upon the gates, reads:


Opens at Nightfalll

Closes at Dawn 



As the sun disappears beyond the horizon, all over the tents small lights begin to flicker, as though the entirety of the circus is covered in particularly bright fireflies. When the tents are all aglow, sparkling against the night sky, the sign appears.

Le Cirque des Rêves

The Circus of Dreams



Now the circus is open.

Now you may enter.

What about me?
This book has been part of my TBR pile for quite some time and I was really looking forward to reading it.
The moment I was, I found it hard to put down.

People have been raving about this book and giving it a lot of praise.
The upside of that was that I got even more excited to read it.
A slight downside was that it really set the bar high. I was getting expectations.

I am close to finishing this book now and I will be reviewing it soon but I can tell you this: I've been completely obsessed this week and so far it has lived up to the expectations that were created.



Comments